SOFT PLAY LA WAIVER FOR ALL PLAY AREAS AND BOUNCERS.
Pease read carefully.
Release and Waiver Liability
This is a legal document between the client “the renter” and “Soft Play LA” which affects your legal rights, so please read carefully.
The renter desires to rent from Soft Play LA, equipment to be used by the renter, his/her guests, invites or other individuals while in renter’s possession. Renter understands that use of this soft play equipment may, by its nature cause injury or harm to renter, his/her guests, invites or other individuals.
The renter does hereby freely, voluntarily, and without duress executes this release under the following terms:
Waiver and Release: Renter understands and acknowledges that this release discharges Soft Play LA, from any liability or claim that the renter may have against Soft Play LA AND AFFILIATES with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the renters use and possession of Soft Play LA equipment. Renter does hereby release and forever discharges and hold harmless Soft Play LA and it’s successors and assigns from any and all liability claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from renters possession and use of Soft Play LA equipment.
Insurance: Renter understands that insurance for liability, health, and medical or disability coverage in any way related to the rental of equipment under this agreement is the sole responsibility of Renter.
Indemnification: Renter/Client agrees that he/she will indemnify and hold Soft Play LA harmless from any liability resulting from the use of Soft Play LA equipment by renter, his/hers assigns, heirs, guests, invites or other individuals utilizing the equipment while in renter’s possession.
Other: Renter expressly agrees that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by laws of the state of California and that this release shall by governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of California. Renter agrees that in the
event that any clause or provisions of this release shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this release, which shall continue to be enforceable.
By signing below I forfeit all rights to bring a suit against Soft Play LA AND AFFILIATES for any reason. In return I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in within and explained to me verbally, in efforts to keep the Soft Play LA experience positive, I have heard the safety rules and understand that I will ask for clarifications when needed.
Safety procedures/ Play Rules:
PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK
Children must be supervised by an adult (18 yr old)/parent/guardian while in play area.
NO Shoes, SNEAKERS, HIGH HEELS, FLIP FLOPS OR SANDALS are allowed on mats (play area) HIGH HEELS WILL PUNCTURE THE FLOOR TILES and will be charged at $50/mat to replace.
NO FACE PAINT – please do NOT book us if there is a face painter present at your party.
NO food, drinks or sweets, gum allowed in play area
NO Running in play area
NO diving or throwing balls out of ball pit
NO equipment should be removed around or from within play area
No uneven size difference of players – especially on bouncers.
NO shoving, pushing, wrestling, piling or rough play in play area.
Play areas are designed for children under 5 years ONLY.
No paint stain/ mess-prone (i.e., glitter, slime, confetti, messy arty, temporary tattoos, face paint etc.) are not allowed in soft play areas
No more that the recommended amount of players on unit at any time
All sharp objects must be removed before play (including pens, pencils, jewelry, knives, eyeglasses, bling on pockets etc.)
DO NOT enter if you are pregnant or have physical problems
The Renter/Client Understands that:
I am responsible for following the rules and safe procedures mentioned above by Soft Play LA in order to protect the equipment and provide a safe environment for me, my guests and any other individuals who will have access to Soft Play LA equipment while is in my possession.
I AGREE TO RELEASE, DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, NOT SUE AND HOLD HARMLESS SOFT PLAY LA, their principals, officers, owners, employees, equipment manufacturers from any claims, damages, (including medical fees, attorney fees). Injuries (including disabilities, paralysis and death) and expenses arising out of or resulting from my voluntary attendance/ participation at Soft Play LA.
I am responsible for paying the deposit to book the date and the balance in full of the chosen soft play rental set on the day of the event.
If the equipment is returned in an extremely dirty condition at the time of pick up I will be charged $50 dollar cleaning fee, I must pay this within 5 days of event.
If there is any damaged or stolen soft play equipment I will be charged at an appropriate amount, i.e. cost of repair or replacement.
I also acknowledge the risks involved in Soft Play LA AREAS. These include but are not limited to any CHOCKING HAZARDS, FALLING, BREAKING ETC. while in use. I understand that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.
***The novel coronavirus, Covid-19, has been declared a world wide pandemic by the World Heath Organization. Covid-19 is contagious and believed to spread from person to person. Our agreement is for a small gathering/stay at home play area and social distancing must be used for set up and take down. Please follow WHO’s guidance for safety measures on Covid-19. By signing this you are agreeing to these methods for set up and will not find SOFT PLAY LA accountable for any Covid-19 claims or medical fees.
By sending the form below I forfeit all rights to bring a suit against Soft Play LA AND AFFILIATES for any reason, In return I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and explained to me verbally, in efforts to keep the Soft Play LA experience positive, I have read, heard, and understand safety rules and understand that I will ask for clarification when needed.
RENTAL AGREEMENT and LIABILITY WAIVER
It is the responsibility of the person or organization hiring this inflatable equipment to ensure that all possible precautions are taken to avoid injury to people or damage to the inflatable. Please ensure that the following rules and safety instructions are followed.
1) This unit has an age limit of 5 years old. Please ensure no one over that age is on the equipment. No adults are to use this inflatable.
2) No food, drink, chewing gum, confetti (including balloons with confetti) or candy on or around the inflatable. This will avoid a choking risk and keep the unit clean. (Please note if the inflatable is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge)
3) Shoes, glasses, jewelry and pins MUST be removed before using the inflatable to avoid injury to peoples using the equipment and harm to the inflatable.
4) NO FACE PAINT, party popppers, colored streamers, slime, paint, or silly string to be used either on or near the inflatable. (Please note these products will cause damage to the inflatable that cannot be repaired)
5) No smoking on or around the inflatable
6) No BBQ/grills’s around the inflatable
7) Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is dangerous and must not be allowed.
8) A responsible adult must supervise the inflatable at all times.
9) Always ensure the inflatable is not overcrowded, and limit the numbers according to age and size of children using it. Avoid large and small children using it at the same time.
10) Ensure children are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
11) No pets, toys or sharp instruments no the inflatable at anytime.
12) Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step as this is dangerous.
13) Do not allow anyone to be on the inflatable equipment during inflation or deflation as this is DANGEROUS.
14) Please ensure children are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately and that nothing can fall out of their pockets.
15) In the event of the blower stopping working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately and calmly. Check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on 1 or 2 mins later and it should restart. If it does not lpease inform us immediately.
16 DO NOT LET children play on the inflatable without adult supervision. Adult supervision is necessary to enforce these rules for safe operation of the inflatable.
17) No water play on the equipment. If swimming before please dry your chidlren off before entering the play area/bouncer.
1) Tis rental equipment has been received in good condition and will be returned in the same condition.
2) If the equipment (bounce house/soft play) is returned in extremely dirty or marked condition an extra cleaning fee may be deducted from the security deposit.
3) Customer assumes all responsibility for injuries to persons or damages to property, and agrees to release and hold SOFT PLAY LA harmless for any and all claims, of whatsoever nature, arising out of the use of the rental equipment while in his/her custody. In the event that the release and hold harmless as contained herein is held unenforceable for any reason, Customer herby agrees to a limit on any damages claimed by Customer to the total paid to SOFT PLAY LA for the rental.
4) Customer agrees to company right to enter the premises of customer at anytime to repossess the said equipment.
5) Customer agrees to reimburse SOFT PLAY LA for all attorney fees, an amount not less than 50% of all sums due, court cost and expenses incurred to enforce collection or to preserve or enforce rights under this contract.
6) Customer agrees not to loan, sublet or otherwise depose of equipment, move it or use it at any other location.
7) Customer agrees to pay in full the replacement cost, including shipping for all damages to the rental equipment.
8) In the inflatable equipment is lost stolen or damaged beyond repair the renter agrees to pay $1000 (one thousand dollars)
The person/s or organization renting this equipment from SOFT PLAY LA will be held responsible and liable for any and all damages or injury occurring for any reason whatsoever. I have read the above agreement and fully understand and accept the conditions as above. I am aware that while in my care I am fully responsible for the inflatable and will pay for any loss or damages that occur.